Skip to Main Content
Computer Calculation of Fire DangerAuthor(s): William A. Main
Source: Research Note NC-79. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (709.05 KB)
DescriptionThis paper describes a computer program that calculates National Fire Danger Rating Indexes. fuel moisture, buildup index, and drying factor are also available. The program is written in FORTRAN and is usable on even the smallest compiler.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMain, William A. 1969. Computer Calculation of Fire Danger. Research Note NC-79. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordscomputer program, fire rating index, fuel moisture, FORTRAN
- Computation of Southern Pine Site Index Using a TI-59 Calculator
- PTSITE--a new method of site evaluation for loblolly pine: model development and user's guide
- SITEQUAL--A User's Guide: Computerized Site Evaluation for 14 Southern Hardwood Species
XML: View XML