Skip to Main Content
Revised Site Index Curves for Balsam Fir and White Spruce in the Lake StatesAuthor(s): Willard H. Carmean; Jerold T. Hahn
Source: Research Note NC-269. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (778.51 KB)
DescriptionThe original site index curves for balsam fir and white spruce are revised from a breast height age to a total age basis. Site index values from these revised curves are thus comparable to index values for other species that are based upon total tree age. This note also includes formulations for estimating site index by using computers or programmable, hand-calculators
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCarmean, Willard H.; Hahn, Jerold T. 1981. Revised Site Index Curves for Balsam Fir and White Spruce in the Lake States. Research Note NC-269. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordstotal age revisions, site index formulation
- Weights and centers of gravity for red pine, white spruce, and balsam fir.
- Foliage Consumption by 6th-Instar Spruce Budworm Larvae, Choristoneura fumiferana (Clem.) Feeding on Balsam Fir and White Spruce
- Decay of subalpine fir in Colorado
XML: View XML