Skip to Main Content
Michigan Saw Log Production and Sawmill Industry, 1978Author(s): James E. Blyth; Jack Zollner; W. Brad Smith
Source: Research Note NC-276. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (468.58 KB)
DescriptionMichigan's saw log production climbed to 563 million board feet in 1978 from 514 million board feet in 1977. Eight percent was shipped to out-of-state mills. Michigan's 341 active sawmills received 525 million board feet of logs; only 1 percent came from other States.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlyth, James E.; Zollner, Jack; Smith, W. Brad. 1982. Michigan Saw Log Production and Sawmill Industry, 1978. Research Note NC-276. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsExports, lumber, aspen, oak, maple, pine
- Michigan timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
- Veneer Log Production and Consumption in the Southeast, 1963
- 1970 Washington timber harvest.
XML: View XML