Skip to Main Content
Michigan Saw Log Production and Sawmill Industry, 1978Author(s): James E. Blyth; Jack Zollner; W. Brad Smith
Source: Research Note NC-276. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (468.58 KB)
DescriptionMichigan's saw log production climbed to 563 million board feet in 1978 from 514 million board feet in 1977. Eight percent was shipped to out-of-state mills. Michigan's 341 active sawmills received 525 million board feet of logs; only 1 percent came from other States.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlyth, James E.; Zollner, Jack; Smith, W. Brad. 1982. Michigan Saw Log Production and Sawmill Industry, 1978. Research Note NC-276. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsExports, lumber, aspen, oak, maple, pine
- Michigan timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
- Veneer Log Production and Consumption in the Southeast, 1963
- 1970 Washington timber harvest.
XML: View XML