Skip to Main Content
Forest Resources of the United States, 1997, METRIC UNITS.Author(s): W. Brad Smith; John S. Vissage; Davie R. Darr; Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep.. NC-222. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 127 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (1.07 MB)
DescriptionForest resource statistics from the 1987 Forest Resources Planning Act (RPA) Asessment were updated to 1997 to provide current information on the Nation's forests. Resource tables present estimates in metric measure of forest area, volume, mortality, growth, removals, and timber products output in various ways, such as by ownership, region, or State.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSmith, W. Brad; Vissage, John S.; Darr, Davie R.; Sheffield, Raymond M. 2002. Forest Resources of the United States, 1997, METRIC UNITS. Gen. Tech. Rep.. NC-222. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 127 p.
KeywordsRPA, assessment, inventory, forest statistics, area, volume, forest history, metric.
- Forest statistics of the United States, 1992 metric units.
- Forest Resources of the United States, 1997
- Forest resources of the United States, 1992
XML: View XML