Skip to Main Content
Forest Area in Wisconsin Counties, 1968Author(s): Burton L. Essex
Source: Research Note NC-135. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (932.31 KB)
DescriptionIn 1968 Wisconsin''s forests covered 14.9 million acres of land, a slight decline from the 15.2 million acres reported in 1956. The area of commercial forest land also dropped slightly to 14.5 million acres; increases in the eastern part of the State of 50,000 acres were more than offset by losses of 381,000 acres in the west and central sections.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEssex, Burton L. 1972. Forest Area in Wisconsin Counties, 1968. Research Note NC-135. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordscommercial forest land, noncommercial forest land
- Forest Area in Michigan Counties, 1966
- Forest Area in Michigan, 1980
- Forest Land In Indiana Counties, 1967
XML: View XML