Skip to Main Content
Prescribed Burning in the Lake States -- 1971Author(s): Linda R. Donoghue
Source: Research Note NC-156. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (716.42 KB)
DescriptionReports the various applications of prescribed burning in the Lake States during 1971. Presents average costs for each purpose and reasons for cost differences.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonoghue, Linda R. 1973. Prescribed Burning in the Lake States -- 1971. Research Note NC-156. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordswildlife habitat management, site-seedbed preparation, hazard reduction, burning cost, forest management.
- Anatomy of backcountry management costs
- Regional cost information for private timberland conversion and management.
- Economic cost of initial attack and large-fire suppression
XML: View XML