Skip to Main Content
A Local Net Volume Equation for IowaAuthor(s): Jerold T. Hahn
Source: Research Note NC-199. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (895.47 KB)
DescriptionAs a part of the 1974 Forest Survey of Iowa, the Station''s Forst Resources Evaluatioin Research Staff developed a merchantable tree volume equation and tables of coefficients for Iowa. They were developed for both board-foot (International ?-inch rule) and cubic foot volumes, for several species and species groups of growing-stock trees. The equation and the coefficients can be used on a digital computer or modern electronic desk calculator by industrial foresters, consulting foresters, or others in need of quick net-volume-per-tree estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHahn, Jerold T. 1976. A Local Net Volume Equation for Iowa. Research Note NC-199. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Keywordstree volume equation, Iowa, net-volume-per-tree estimates
- A net volume equation for Northeastern Minnesota.
- A net volume equation for Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas.
- Taper and volume equations for selected Appalachian hardwood species
XML: View XML