Skip to Main Content
FIAMODEL: Users Guide Version 3.0.Author(s): Scott A. Pugh; David D. Reed; Kurt S. Pregitzer; Patrick D. Miles
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-223. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 37 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (778.02 KB)
DescriptionFIAMODEL is a geographic information system (GIS program used to summarize Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA, USDA Forest Service) data such as volume. The model runs in ArcView and allows users to select FIA plots with heads-up-digitizing, overlays of digital map layers, or queries based on specific plot attributes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPugh, Scott A.; Reed, David D.; Pregitzer, Kurt S.; Miles, Patrick D. 2002. FIAMODEL: Users Guide Version 3.0. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-223. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 37 p.
KeywordsFIA, GIS, ArcView, model, forest inventory, timberland.
- Evaluating the potential of structure from motion technology for forest inventory data collection
- Improving Forest Inventory and Analysis efficiency with common land unit information
- A tool to determine crown and plot canopy transparency for forest inventory and analysis phase 3 plots using digital photographs
XML: View XML