Skip to Main Content
BIA Forest Lands of North and South Dakota, 1996Author(s): David E. Haugen; Mark H. Hansen
Source: Resource Bulletin NC-202. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (594.54 KB)
DescriptionData used in this report were collected during the third North Dakota forest inventory, begun in September 1994 and completed in November 1994, and the fourth South Dakota forest inventory, begun in 1995 and completed in the spring of 1996. The reported statistics are estimates. Users of these data are cautioned to consult the table of sampling errors and the inventory methods section of the appendix. Fieldwork for these inventories was expedited through the cooperation and assistance of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David E.; Hansen, Mark H. 2002. BIA Forest Lands of North and South Dakota, 1996. Resource Bulletin NC-202. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
KeywordsForest area, timber volume, growth, removals, mortality, BIA
- North Dakota's forests, 2005: statistics, methods, and quality assurance
- South Dakota's forests, 2005: statistics, methods, and quality assurance
- North Dakota's forest resources in 2005
XML: View XML