Skip to Main Content
The Recreational Fee Demonstration Program on the national forests: and updated analysis of public attitudes and beliefs, 1996-2001.Author(s): David N. Bengston; David P. Fan
Source: Res. Pap. NC-340. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 12 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (460.76 KB)
DescriptionAnalyzes trends in favorable and unfavorable attitudes toward the Recreational Fee Demonstration Program (RFDP) in the national forests, updating an earlier study using computer content analysis of the public debate. About 65 percent of the attitudes toward the RFDP were favorable, comparable to the findings of survey research.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBengston, David N.; Fan, David P. 2002. The Recreational Fee Demonstration Program on the national forests: and updated analysis of public attitudes and beliefs, 1996-2001. Res. Pap. NC-340. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 12 p.
KeywordsAtttudes, computer content analysis, fees, national forests, Recreational Fee Demonstration Program.
- Attitudes toward roles in a wilderness education program
- The Public Debate about the Recreation Fee Demonstration Program on the U.S. Nation Forests1
- Attitudes toward ecosystem management in the United States, 1992-1998
XML: View XML