Skip to Main Content
Forest Inventory and Analysis Program: Explore the Possibilities.Author(s): USDA Forest Service
Source: Misc. Publ. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 8 p. plus 2 p. information sheet handout.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication (MISC)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (246.73 KB)
DescriptionThis brochure/handout contains information that tells the customer what, why, and how FIA does its'' field work.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationUSDA Forest Service, . 2002. Forest Inventory and Analysis Program: Explore the Possibilities. Misc. Publ. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 8 p. plus 2 p. information sheet handout.
KeywordsLandowner information, annual forest inventory, plot design, plot data collection, land use, stand characteristics, FIA.
- Procedures for establishing and maintaining permanent plots for silvicultural and yield research.
- Permanent-plot procedures for silvicultural and yield research.
- Comparison of combinations of sighting devices and target objects for establishing circular plots in the field
XML: View XML