13th Central Hardwoods Forest ConferenceAuthor(s): J.W. Van Sambeek; Jeffrey O. Dawson; Felix Jr Ponder; Edward F. Loewenstein; James S. Fralish
Source: General Technical Report NC-234. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (14.37 MB)
DescriptionThis conference was the 13th in a series of biennial meetings that have been hosted by numerous universities and research stations of the USDA Forest Service in the Central Hardwood forest region in the eastern United States. The purpose of the Conference has remained the same since it's inception -- that is to provide a forum for the formal and informal exchange of information concerning the ecology, siliviculture, and management of the Central Hardwood forest by wide range of subjects was presented representing research efforts to understand this diverse forest resource. An especially noteworthy shift from previous conferences was the increase in oral and poster presentations related to forests in riparian zones and other wetlands and water quality issues. Altogether, there were 60 oral and 33 poster presentations accepted for this conference yielding these proceedings containing 58 peer-reviewed papers, 23 research notes, and 9 abstracts.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Sambeek, J.W.; Dawson, Jeffrey O.; Ponder, Felix Jr; Loewenstein, Edward F.; Fralish, James S. 2003. 13th Central Hardwoods Forest Conference. General Technical Report NC-234. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station
KeywordsCentral Hardwood, silviculture, oak-hickory, upland hardwoods, bottomland hardwoods
- 12th Central Hardwood Forest Conference
- Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conference
- Proceedings, 15th central hardwood forest conference
XML: View XML