Skip to Main Content
North Dakota's forest resources in 2002.Author(s): David Haugen; Gary Brand; Travis Rymal; Michael Kangas
Source: Resour. Bull. NC-229. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 21 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (2.99 MB)
DescriptionResults of the combined 2001 and 2002 annual forest inventories of North Dakota show over 824 thousand acres of forest land. There are an estimated 744 million cubic feet of all live tree volume, or approximately 902 cubic feet per acre of forest land. Timberland totals 696 million acres with an estimated 409 million cubic feet of growing-stock volume, or approximately 588 cubic feet per acre of timberland. All live aboveground tree biomass on timberland is estimated at 20 million dry tons or approximately 29 tons per acre of timberland. Known pests in North Dakota forests include yellow-headed spruce sawfly, forest tent caterpillar, ash borer, and ash bark beetles.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David; Brand, Gary; Rymal, Travis; Kangas, Michael. 2004. North Dakota''s forest resources in 2002. Resour. Bull. NC-229. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 21 p.
KeywordsAnnual inventory, forest land, timberland, forest type, volume, biomass, North Dakota
- North Dakota's forest resources in 2004
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2001
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2002
XML: View XML