Skip to Main Content
How to make a wind-movement recorder from any spare drum-type recorderAuthor(s): Irvin C. Reigner
Source: Research Note NE-21. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (285.23 KB)
DescriptionThe automatic recording of wind movement is sometimes essential to experiments in forestry and watershed-management research. Wind-movement data are often obtained by periodic reading of the anemometer dial, but occasionally data are required for variable intervals and at times when observations cannot be made easily. Instruments designed to record wind movement are being manufactured, but they are multiple-stage recorders and are expensive. To our knowledge, no instrument is made for the sole purpose of recording wind movement. So we devised an easy and inexpensive way to convert any drum-type recorder into a wind-movement recorder.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationReigner, Irvin C. 1964. How to make a wind-movement recorder from any spare drum-type recorder. Research Note NE-21. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
- Recording dew gage
- A method to estimate the additional uncertainty in gap-filled NEE resulting from long gaps in the CO2 flux record
- Challenges of working with FIADB17 data: the SOLE experience
XML: View XML