Skip to Main Content
A field test of procedures for evaluating and scheduling white-pine weevil controlAuthor(s): Robert P. Ford; Robert L. Talerico; D. Gordon Mott
Source: Research Note NE-37. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (207.33 KB)
DescriptionProcedures have recently been developed that permit economic and biological information to be integrated in making decisions about the need for control against the white-pine weevil, and in scheduling control in young white pine plantations. The procedures are based upon studies of the magnitude of economic losses that result from weevil attack in white pine and upon studies of the temporal and spatial pattern of weevil attack. The profitability of control can be determined by economic projections to maturity of values saved by control and of the costs of control.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFord, Robert P.; Talerico, Robert L.; Mott, D. Gordon. 1965. A field test of procedures for evaluating and scheduling white-pine weevil control. Research Note NE-37. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
- Control of the white-pine weevil with insecticidal emulsions
- White-pine weevil control with knapsack mistblower
- How to control the white pine weevil with a hand sprayer
XML: View XML