Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Illinois's Forest Resources in 2002.Author(s): Earl C. Leatherberry; Gary J Brand; Dick C Little
Source: Resour. Bull. NC-236. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 22 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (1.63 MB)
DescriptionResults of the 2002 annual inventory of Illinois shows an estimated 4.3 million acres of forest land. The estimate of total volume of all live trees on forest land is 7.5 billion cubic feet. Nearly 4.1 million acres of forest land are classified as timberland. The estimate of growing-stock volume on timberland is 6.3 billion cubic feet. All live aboveground tree biomass on timberland is estimated at 196.7 million dry tons. Forest health concerns in Illinois include leaf tatters, bagworms, forest tent caterpillar, Asian longhorned beetle.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeatherberry, Earl C.; Brand, Gary J; Little, Dick C. 2004. Illinois''s Forest Resources in 2002. Resour. Bull. NC-236. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 22 p.
KeywordsAnnual inventory, forest land, timberland, forest type, growing-stock volume, Illinois.
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2001
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2002
- Michigan's forest resources in 2001
XML: View XML