Skip to Main Content
Forests of the Mountain StateAuthor(s): Richard H. Widmann; Charles R. Dye; Gregory W. Cook
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-17. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 28 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (3.36 MB)
DescriptionA report on the forest inventory of West Virginia conducted in 1999-2001 by the Forest Inventory and Analysis unit of the Northeastern Research Station. Discusses the current condition and changes from previous inventories for forest area, timber volume, tree species, mortality and growth and removals. Graphics depict data at the state level and by county where appropriate.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWidmann, Richard H.; Dye, Charles R.; Cook, Gregory W. 2007. Forests of the Mountain State. Resour. Bull. NRS-17. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 28 p.
KeywordsWest Virginia, forest inventory, growing-stock volume, biomass, growth, mortality, removals
- Missouri's forest 1999-2003, part B
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2016
- Nebraska's forest resources, 2006
XML: View XML