Skip to Main Content
Stabilization and application of BtAuthor(s): A. Villaveces; I. Goldman; B. Carlton; C. H. Himel
Source: In: Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B., coords. Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths; 1984 April 10-12; Windsor Locks, CT. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 150-151
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (195.88 KB)
DescriptionThis research report is concerned with: 1). A field application program using encapsulated Bt. The objectives of that program involved spray physics and the delineation of the critical parameters inherent in the delivery of Bt sprays to the microhabitat of the spruce budworm. The field application work was carried out jointly with Dr. Alam Sundaram and the Forest Pest Management Institute (Canada). Most of the data from the field studies will be published in a separate paper with Dr. Sundaram. 2). A laboratory program concerned with stabilization studies on pure Bt and BtI crystals. The laboratory studies on pure Bt and Bti crystals were carried out at the University of Georgia with the objective of providing a baseline system by which environmental parameters adverse to Bt (BtI) could be determined, quantified and controlled.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVillaveces, A.; Goldman, I.; Carlton, B.; Himel, C. H. 1985. Stabilization and application of Bt. In: Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B., coords. Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths; 1984 April 10-12; Windsor Locks, CT. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 150-151
- Measurement of foliar deposits of Bt and their relation to efficacy
- Recent field research using microbial insecticides against gypsy moth
- Comparison of Bt formulations against the spruce budworm
XML: View XML