Skip to Main Content
Discussion panel: field test design & data analysisAuthor(s): Daniel M. Schmitt; William E. Waters; B. Leo Cadogan; Gerald S. Walton
Source: In: Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B., coords. Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths; 1984 April 10-12; Windsor Locks, CT. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 155-160
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (594.68 KB)
DescriptionI think it is time to open the panel. On my left respectively are Bill Waters, Professor of Entomology and Forestry, University of California, Berkeley; Gerald S. Walton, Biometrician, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, Hamden; and Leo Cadogan, Forest Pest Management Institute, Canadian Forestry Service, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. My name is Dan Schmitt, Program Manager, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, U.S.F.S., Broomall, Pa. I am going to ask each of the panelists to discuss field test design and data analysis for pesticide applications in the context of three general areas: (1) field and pilot tests, (2) current approaches to experimental tests, and (3) suggestions and possibilities for improving experimental tests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchmitt, Daniel M.; Waters, William E.; Cadogan, B. Leo; Walton, Gerald S. 1985. Discussion panel: field test design & data analysis. In: Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B., coords. Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths; 1984 April 10-12; Windsor Locks, CT. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 155-160
- Frontiers of Forestry Research - Priest River Experimental Forest, 1911-1976
- Kane Experimental Forest
- The timber resources of Kentucky
XML: View XML