Ecological subregion codes by county, coterminous United StatesAuthor(s): Victor A. Rudis
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-36. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 95 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
View PDF (1.5 MB)
DescriptionThis publication presents the National Hierarchical Framework of Ecological Units (ECOMAP 1993) by county for the coterminous United States. Assignment of the framework to individual counties is based on the predominant area by province and section to facilitate integration of county-referenced information with areas of uniform ecological potential. Included are maps illustrating county-scaled ecological subregion boundaries by division, province, and section; and numeric codes by Federal Information Processing Standard and USDA Forest Service Resources Planning Act region.
July 10, 2002 - Errata sheet:
Data contained in Table 1--(Ecological subregion codes by Resource Planning Act Assessment, State, and county represented by the coded section.) is available in electronic, comma-delimited format:
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationRudis, Victor A. 1999. Ecological subregion codes by county, coterminous United States. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-36. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 95 p.
KeywordsCounty, ecological potential, ecological subregion, ecoregion, forest resources, province.
- Regional forest resource assessment in an ecological framework: the Southern United States
- Delineation of climate regions in the Northeastern United States
- The hot continental division: Oak forests, fire, and ecosystem management frame fuels management questions
XML: View XML