Skip to Main Content
A new Link for Geographic analyses of Inventory DataAuthor(s): David Reed; Kurt Pregitzer; Scott A. Pugh; Patrick D. Miles
Source: Journal of Forestry. Vol. 99 no. 6.:p. 21-24. (2001)
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.24 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA)data are widely used throughout the United States for analyses of forest status and trends, landscape-level forest composition, and other forest characteristics. A new software product, FIAMODEL, is available for analyzing FIA data within the ArcView? (ESRI, Inc.)geographic information system. The software allows linkages with other natural resource information, such as watershed boundaries or soil maps, in a format widely used by natural resource organizations, which allows organizations to analyze FIA data in a spatial context with little new investment in hardware or training.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationReed, David; Pregitzer, Kurt; Pugh, Scott A.; Miles, Patrick D. 2001. A new Link for Geographic analyses of Inventory Data. Journal of Forestry. Vol. 99 no. 6.:p. 21-24. (2001)
Keywordsgeospatial technologies, GIS, inventory and analysis
- FIAMODEL : a new link for geographic analyses of inventory data
- Overview of the National Inventory and Monitoring Applications Center (NIMAC)
- NED Software for Forest Management: Much More Than Cruising
XML: View XML