Skip to Main Content
Selection of Plot Remeasurement in an Annual InventoryAuthor(s): Mark H. Hansen; Hans T. Schreuder; Dave Heinzen
Source: Intergrated Tools for Natural Resources Inventories in the 21st Century. p. 67-78. (2000)
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.22 MB)
DescriptionA plot selection approach is proposed based on experience from the Annual Forest Inventory System (AFIS) in the Aspen-Birch Unit of northestern Minnesota. The emphasisis on a mixture of strategies. Although the Agricultural Act of 1998 requires that a fixed 20 percent of plots be measured each year in each state, sooner or later we will need to vary the scheme to accommodate pressing user needs and budget constraints while still preserving the integrity of the annualized cycle. Differing probabilities of selection will need to be accommodated; variance and confidence interval estimation can be done using bootstrap methods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Mark H.; Schreuder, Hans T.; Heinzen, Dave 2000. Selection of Plot Remeasurement in an Annual Inventory. Intergrated Tools for Natural Resources Inventories in the 21st Century. p. 67-78. (2000)
KeywordsIntegrated inventories, inventory databases, remote sensing, urban forestry, volume, biomass, height, modeling, spatial information, growth, survival, mortality, annual inventories.
- Selection of plot remeasurement in an annual inventory
- Maine's forests 2008
- The AFIS tree growth model for updating annual forest inventories in Minnesota
XML: View XML