Skip to Main Content
FIAMODEL : a new link for geographic analyses of inventory dataAuthor(s): David Reed; Kurt Pregitzer; Scott A. Pugh; Patrick Miles
Source: Journal of forestry. Vol. 99, no. 6 (June 2001).:p. 21-24 : maps.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.24 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) data are widely used throughtout the United States for analyses of forest status and trends, landscape-level forest composition, and other forest characteristics. A new software product, FIAMODEL, is available for analyzing FIA data within the ArcView (ESRI,Inc.) geographic information system. The software allows linkages with other natural resources information, such as watershed boundaries or soil maps, in a format widely used by natural resource organizations, which allows organizations to analyze FIA data in a spatial context with little new investment in hardware or training.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationReed, David; Pregitzer, Kurt; Pugh, Scott A.; Miles, Patrick. 2001. FIAMODEL : a new link for geographic analyses of inventory data. Journal of forestry. Vol. 99, no. 6 (June 2001).:p. 21-24 : maps.
KeywordsGeographical information systems, Forest inventories, Technology, geospatial technologies, GIS, inventory and analysis
- A new Link for Geographic analyses of Inventory Data
- Overview of the National Inventory and Monitoring Applications Center (NIMAC)
- NED Software for Forest Management: Much More Than Cruising
XML: View XML