Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Cloning and sequencing of a cellobiohydrolase gene from Trichoderma harzianum FP108Author(s): Patrick Guilfoile; Ron Burns; Zu-Yi Gu; Matt Amundson; Fu-Hsian Chang
Source: Journal of the Minnesota Academy of Science. 64(1): 18-22. (1999)
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (443.68 KB)
DescriptionA cbbl cellobiohydrolase gene was cloned and sequenced from the fungus Trichoderrna harzianum FP108. The cloning was performed by PCR amplification of T. harzianum genomic DNA, using PCR primers whose sequence was based on the cbbl gene from Tricboderma reesei. The 3' end of the gene was isolated by inverse PCR; attempts to clone regions upstream of the 5' end of the gene were unsuccessful. Sequence comparisons suggest that this gene is closely related to cbbl genes from other Trichoderma species. In particular, all catalytically important amino acids in the protein sequence deduced from the T. harzianum cbbl gene are conserved between species.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGuilfoile, Patrick; Burns, Ron; Gu, Zu-Yi; Amundson, Matt; Chang, Fu-Hsian. 1999. Cloning and sequencing of a cellobiohydrolase gene from Trichoderma harzianum FP108. Journal of the Minnesota Academy of Science. 64(1): 18-22. (1999)
Keywordscloning, cellobiohydrolase, Trichoderma harzianum, DNA, genes
- Isolation and characterization of a TERMINAL FLOWER 1 homolog from Prunus serotina Ehrh
- DNA-based detection of the fungal pathogen Geomyces destructans in soils from bat hibernacula
- Scar markers in a longleaf pine x slash pine F1 family
XML: View XML