Skip to Main Content
The Hoosier-Shawnee ecological assessment: Table of contentsAuthor(s): Frank R., III ed. Thompson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-244. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 267 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (354.49 KB)
DescriptionThis report is a scientific assessment of the characteristic composition, structure, and processes of ecosystems in the southern one-third of Illinois and Indiana and a small part of western Kentucky. It includes chapters on ecological sections and soils, water resources, forest, plants, and communities, aquatic animals, terrestrial animals, forest diseases and pests, and exotic animals. The information presented provides a context for land and resource management planning on the Hoosier and Shawnee National Forests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationThompson, Frank R., III ed. 2004. The Hoosier-Shawnee ecological assessment: Table of contents. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-244. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 267 p.
Keywordscrayfish, current conditions, communities, exotics, fish, forests, Hoosier National Forest, mussels, Shawnee National Forest, soils, water resources, wildlife.
- The Hoosier-Shawnee Ecological assessment
- Animal damage management handbook.
- Strategies for monitoring terrestrial animals and habitats
XML: View XML