Skip to Main Content
The world wide web: an emerging technology for marketing special forest products (poster abstract)Author(s): A.L. Hammett; Shelby Jones; Philip A. Araman
Source: Proceedings, North American Conference on Enterprise Development Through Agroforestry: Farming the Agroforest for Specialty Products
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (7.73 KB)
DescriptionInterest by forest landowners and agriculturist in Special Forest Products (SFPs) is increasing rapidly. At present there are numerous efforts to increase awareness of these products and the market potential. However, there is a shortage of information available and there are few means effective in disseminating the information necessary for the sustainable management and marketing of these resources and products. The project will gather information on products and markets, compile this information in simple fact sheet format, and post them on a web site. This will be come a national clearing house for Special Forest Products information - accessible to harvesters and growers, marketers, processors, and end-users. This conference will be a gathering of specialists working with Special Forest Products - a natural venue to begin addressing the needs of those who market and use SFPs. It is hoped that specialists attending this conference will share their ideas on what to include on the web site and contribute their expertise on individual products and markets. Interaction with specialists at this conference will help ensure the success of this project. Market information, regular updates with new information, and listings on short courses, conferences and relevant publications will also be features of the web site. Eventually, the web site will include direct linkage with markets, both national and overseas. Your suggestions are most welcome.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHammett, A.L.; Jones, Shelby; Araman, Philip A. 1999. The world wide web: an emerging technology for marketing special forest products (poster abstract). Proceedings, North American Conference on Enterprise Development Through Agroforestry: Farming the Agroforest for Specialty Products
- Special forest products in context: gatherers and gathering in the Eastern United States
- A U.S. Forest Service special forest products appraisal system: background, methods, and assessment.
- Special Forest Products on the Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests: a research-based approach to management
XML: View XML