Skip to Main Content
Forest resources of the Kootenai National ForestAuthor(s): Andrea M. Wilson; Patrick D. Miles
Source: Misc. Publication. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.86 MB)
DescriptionTHe Interior West Resource Inventory, Monitoring, and Evaluation (IWRIME) Program of the USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station (formerly known as the Intermountain Research Station), as part of its national Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) duties, entered into a cooperative agreement with the Northern Region (Region 1) for the inventory of its National Forests. This report presents the highlights of the Kootenai National Forest inventory using commonly requested variables and summaries. The Kootenai National Forest is primarily in the extreme northwestern coner of the Montana; approximately 2 percent of the acreage that is administered by the Kootenai is in the state of Idaho. This report is based solely on the IWRIME inventory sample (USDA 1994). The field inventory was conducted between 1993 and 1995. additional data collected by the Kootenai National Forest and used separately or in combination with IWRIME reference documents for Region 1 Montana National Forests (USDA 2000).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWilson, Andrea M.; Miles, Patrick D. 2000. Forest resources of the Kootenai National Forest. Misc. Publication. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13p.
Keywordsforest, resources, Kootenai National Forest
- Forest resources of the Bitterroot National Forest
- Forest resources of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest
- Stumpage market integration in western national forests
XML: View XML