Skip to Main Content
Observations on adult Agrilus planipennis on ash in MichiganAuthor(s): D. R. Lance; I. Fraser; V. C. Mastro
Source: In: Gottschalk, Kurt W., ed. Proceedings, 17th U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on gypsy moth and other invasive species 2006; Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-10. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 62.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (39.94 KB)
DescriptionObservations were carried out on adult emerald ash borers, Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire, on ash trees, Fraxinus spp., in park-like and field-edge settings in South Lyon, MI. Observations consisted of (1) counting beetles in various microhabitats; and (2) tracking behavior of individual beetles for periods of up to 15 min. Observations were made from the ground with the aid of binoculars when needed. Counts of beetles included 158 counts each of beetles per 100 leaflets, beetles seen on bark during 1-min searches, and beetles observed flying in a fixed field of view over 1 min. These counts were made systematically at different levels of the canopy (lower, middle and upper), aspects (north, south), and times of day. In addition, we made 5-min counts of beetles in the understory beneath the study trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLance, D. R.; Fraser, I.; Mastro, V. C. 2007. Observations on adult Agrilus planipennis on ash in Michigan. In: Gottschalk, Kurt W., ed. Proceedings, 17th U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on gypsy moth and other invasive species 2006; Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-10. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 62.
- Bird population and habitat surveys in urban areas
- Wisconsin street tree assessment, 2002-2003
- Emerald ash borer adult dispersal
XML: View XML