Skip to Main Content
Interacting effects of multiple stresses on growth and physiological processes in northern forest treesAuthor(s): Judson G. Isebrands; Richard E. Dickson; Joanne Rebbeck; David F. Karnosky
Source: In: Mickler, Robert A.; Birdsey, Richard A.; Hom, John, eds. Responses of northern U.S. forests to environmental change. Ecological studies 139. New York: Springer-Verlag: 149-180.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.32 MB)
DescriptionGlobal climate chagnge is a complex and controversial subject, both technically and politically. Recently, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) of the United Nations concluded that "the balance of evidence suggests a discernible human influence on global climate" and that "further accumulation of greenhouse gases will commit the earth irreversibly to global climate change with its consequent ecological, economic, and social disruption" (Houghton et al., 1996: Brown et al., 1997; Kerr, 1997). One of the concerns is that changing climate will have major effects on future forest composition, productivity, sustainability, and biological as well as genetic diversity (Houghton et al., 1996).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIsebrands, Judson G.; Dickson, Richard E.; Rebbeck, Joanne; Karnosky, David F. 2000. Interacting effects of multiple stresses on growth and physiological processes in northern forest trees. In: Mickler, Robert A.; Birdsey, Richard A.; Hom, John, eds. Responses of northern U.S. forests to environmental change. Ecological studies 139. New York: Springer-Verlag: 149-180.
Keywordsphysiology, norther forest, trees, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, United Nations
- Quantifying loss and degradation of former American marten habitat due to the impacts of forestry operations and associated road networks in northern Idaho, USA [Chapter 12]
- Crossing scales and disciplines to achieve forest sustainability
- Ecosystem services from forested landscapes: an overview
XML: View XML