Skip to Main Content
Outdoor recreation opportunities and land use change in Vermont's Lake Champlain BasinAuthor(s): John J. Lindsay
Source: In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 22-23
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (283.54 KB)
DescriptionOutdoor recreation resources are eroding in Vermont's Lake Champlain Basin due to urban expansion. This study measured urban growth in the Basin and identified critical areas for open space protection. The study's hypothesis, that there was no difference between the Champlain Basin and other parts of urbanizing New England that have lost outdoor recreation resources, was accepted.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLindsay, John J. 1995. Outdoor recreation opportunities and land use change in Vermont''s Lake Champlain Basin. In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 22-23
- Proceedings of the 1991 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- Proceedings of the 1993 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1993 April 18-20; Saratoga Springs, NY
- Proceedings of the 2009 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
XML: View XML