Skip to Main Content
Tree grade distribution in Allegheny hardwoodsAuthor(s): Richard L. Ernst; David A. Marquis
Source: Research Note NE-275. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (713.29 KB)
DescriptionEstimates of the distribution of tree grades by diameter class were developed for six hardwood species on the Allegheny Plateau. These estimates can be used to calculate present and projected stand values when actual tree grade measurements are not available.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationErnst, Richard L.; Marquis, David A. 1978. Tree grade distribution in Allegheny hardwoods. Research Note NE-275. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
- Adjustments to forest inventory and analysis estimates of 2001 saw-log volumes for Kentucky
- Butt-log grade distributions for five Appalachian hardwood species
- Interim hardwood tree grades for factory lumber
XML: View XML