Skip to Main Content
Techniques for assessing extramarket valuesAuthor(s): Donald F. Dennis
Source: In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 143-145
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (326.52 KB)
DescriptionCentral to effective policy development and management of natural resources is an understanding of the trade-offs stakeholders are willing to accept and the values they hold. Although market prices reflect society's preferences to some degree, they clearly do not encompass all values or costs. Conjoint techniques offer a means to estimate and analyze stakeholder preferences.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDennis, Donald F. 1995. Techniques for assessing extramarket values. In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 143-145
- An analysis of local stakeholder values for tropical protected areas in Madagascar
- Analysis of strength-of-preference measures in dichotomous choice models
- Species richness alone does not predict cultural ecosystem service value
XML: View XML