Skip to Main Content
Partnerships panel: the New Jersey coastal heritage trail route: a partnership in actionAuthor(s): Philip G. Correll; Janet C. Wolf
Source: In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 231-234
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (531.97 KB)
DescriptionThe New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route is a vehicular tourism route that is being developed to provide for public understanding and appreciation of significant natural and cultural sites associated with the coastal areas of New Jersey. Authorized by federal legislation in 1988, the Trail is a public/private partnership involving the National Park Service, state of New Jersey, units of local government, and public and private entities. The Trail region extends along nearly 300 miles of coastline. Trail themes will include Maritime History (the initial demonstration theme), Coastal Communities, Recreation and Inspiration, Wildlife Migration, and Coastal Habitats. This paper reviews the history and development of the Trail as a model for partnership efforts in managing and interpreting natural and cultural resources.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCorrell, Philip G.; Wolf, Janet C. 1995. Partnerships panel: the New Jersey coastal heritage trail route: a partnership in action. In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1994 April 10-12; Saratoga Springs, NY.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 231-234
- Partnerships to Deliver Bird Conservation along the Gulf Coast
- A sociocultural perspective on the development of U.S. Natural Resource Partnerships in the 20th Century
- Partnerships in natural resource agencies: a conceptual framework
XML: View XML