Skip to Main Content
Recreation fees: attitudes and perceptions of Region 6 Forest Service employees in recreation positions and non-recreation positionsAuthor(s): Karen Robinson; Robert C. Burns; Alan Graefe
Source: In: Burns, R.; Robinson, K., comps. Proceedings of the 2006 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 2006 April 9-11; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-14. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 170-175.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (120.87 KB)
DescriptionThis study explored the attitudes and perceptions of U.S. Forest Service employees concerning the Recreation Fee Demonstration Program (RFDP) in the Pacific Northwest Region (Region 6, Oregon and Washington), and their perceptions of how recreation fees should be used once the money is collected. Employees who reported that they were in a recreationrelated position accounted for 23 percent of the sample, while the remaining 77 percent of respondents reported that they were in non-recreation positions. The results of this study showed that there were significant differences in the perceptions of Forest Service employees in recreation positions as compared to those in nonrecreation positions. Further study in this area looking at the standards of what constitutes an improvement to facility and services as well as how the Recreation Fee Program affects the non-recreation employees may give us a better understanding of the effects of the RFDP on non-recreation employees and recreation employees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRobinson, Karen; Burns, Robert C.; Graefe, Alan. 2007. Recreation fees: attitudes and perceptions of Region 6 Forest Service employees in recreation positions and non-recreation positions. In: Burns, R.; Robinson, K., comps. Proceedings of the 2006 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 2006 April 9-11; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-14. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 170-175.
- Evaluation of attitudes toward recreation fees in the Pacific Northwest
- Outdoor recreation and nontraditional users: results of focus group interviews with racial and ethnic minorities
- Longitudinal Monitoring of Public Reactions to the U.S
XML: View XML