Skip to Main Content
Creating FGDC and NBII metadata with Metavist 2005.Author(s): David J. Rugg
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-255. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 30 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (573.23 KB)
DescriptionThis report documents a computer program for creating metadata compliant with the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) 1998 metadata standard or the National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) 1999 Biological Data Profile for the FGDC standard. The software runs under the Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP operating systems, and requires the presence of Microsoft's .Net Framework version 1.1. The metadata are output in XML format
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRugg, David J. 2004. Creating FGDC and NBII metadata with Metavist 2005. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-255. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 30 p.
KeywordsMetadata, FGDC, NBII, Biological Data Profile, XML, data documentation.
- The long-term ecological research community metada standardisation project: a progress report
- Defining Linkages between the GSC and NSF's LTER Program: How the Ecological Metadata Language (EML) Relates to GCDML and Other Outcomes
- FIREMON Database
XML: View XML