Skip to Main Content
Planting and care of fine hardwood seedlings: Planting hardwood seedlings in the Central Hardwood Region.Author(s): Paula M. Pijut
Source: FNR-210. Purdue University Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, West Lafayette, Indiana. 8 p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (318.27 KB)
DescriptionForest tree planting in the United States on public and private land exceeded 2.6 million acres in 1999. Of that total, approximately 1.3 million acres (48 percent) were planted by private individuals (AF & PA 2001). In the Central Hardwood Region forest tree planting by private landowners exceeded 100,000 acres in 1999. Trees are planted for various reasons including, timber production, wildlife habitat, riparian buffers, native woodland restoration, windbreaks, watershed protection, erosion control, and conservation (Indiana NRCS 2002).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPijut, Paula M. 2003. Planting and care of fine hardwood seedlings: Planting hardwood seedlings in the Central Hardwood Region. FNR-210. Purdue University Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, West Lafayette, Indiana. 8 p.
KeywordsHardwood seedlings, planting seedlings, bare-root seedlings, direct seeding.
- Insects affecting hardwood tree plantings
- Planting and care of fine hardwood seedlings: diseases in hardwood tree plantings
- Planting and care of fine hardwood seedlings: Nursery production of hardwood seedlings
XML: View XML