Skip to Main Content
Stocking and yield of Virginia pine stands in Prince Georges County, MarylandAuthor(s): Thomas W., Jr. Church
Source: Forest Research Note NE-44. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
Publication Series: Forest Research Note
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (182.7 KB)
DescriptionDevelopment of yield tables is prerequisite to designing forest-management plans. Yield tables have been prepared for Virginia pine in Maryland, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. But the differences among yields in these three states are great. These differences are probably due chiefly to site. Therefore it would be desirable to have yield tables based on fairly local and uniform site conditions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChurch, Thomas W., Jr. 1955. Stocking and yield of Virginia pine stands in Prince Georges County, Maryland. Forest Research Note NE-44. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
- Site classification of ponderosa pine stands under stocking control in California
- Growth models for ponderosa pine: I. Yield of unthinned plantations in northern California.
- Multidecadal growth of western white pine and interior Douglas-fir following site preparation
XML: View XML