Skip to Main Content
Trends in methodological differencesAuthor(s): Daniel J. Stynes; Malcolm I. Bevins; Tommy L. Brown
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 223-232.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.27 MB)
DescriptionInconsistency in data collection has confounded attempts to identify and forecast outdoor recreation trends. Problems are highlighted through an evaluation of the methods employed in national outdoor recreation participation surveys and projections. Recommendations are advanced for improving data collection, trend measurement, and forecasting within outdoor recreation.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStynes, Daniel J.; Bevins, Malcolm I.; Brown, Tommy L. 1980. Trends in methodological differences. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 223-232.
- The role of futures forecasts in recreation: some applications in the third nationwide outdoor recreation plan
- Trends in outdoor recreation legislation
- The trend of measuring public use of the national park
XML: View XML