Skip to Main Content
Recreation trends: indicators of environmental qualityAuthor(s): Roy Feuchter
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 7-8.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (326.69 KB)
DescriptionAs you probably know, tomorrow is Earth Day-80, the 10th anniversary of the original Earth Day, so it is certainly appropriate that we talk these next few days about environmental quality and the relationship of outdoor recreation to that quality. However, perhaps the title should be more of a question such as: Are recreation trends indicators of environmental quality? Or do recreation trends follow environmental quality trends?
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFeuchter, Roy. 1980. Recreation trends: indicators of environmental quality. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 7-8.
- Wildlife-associated recreation trends in the United States: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
- Trends in day uses of parks and forests
- Trends in river recreation
XML: View XML