Skip to Main Content
Recreation trends - a future lookAuthor(s): Roger A. Lancaster
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 203-206.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (612.12 KB)
DescriptionThe art of "crystal-ball gazing" is not an exact science. While it is very useful to discuss what life will be like in the future, and rather fun, I might add, a review of the multitude of materials prepared 20 to 30 years ago about life in the 1980's found little that was all that accurate. The projections that were most on target tended to be those educated guesses about "things" - such as transportation devices, home products, recreational equipment, etc., plus those that could be projected from a specific, sophisticated data base such as demographic projections.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLancaster, Roger A. 1980. Recreation trends - a future look. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 203-206.
- A Field Assessment of Timber Highway Bridge Durability in the United States
- Overview of the National Timber Bridge Inspection Study
XML: View XML