Skip to Main Content
Effect of dieldrin in the glue line of oak plywood panels in preventing Lyctus beetle damageAuthor(s): Thomas McIntyre
Source: Forest Research Note NE-118. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
Publication Series: Forest Research Note
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (150.29 KB)
DescriptionFor many years the lumber industry has been seeking improved methods of preventing decay and insect damage to lumber and other wood products. One relatively new approach to this problem is the addition of toxic chemicals in plywood glues to prevent infestations or restrict feeding injury by wood-boring insects. Wood products treated in this manner have been marketed in some countries, and studies have shown that the toxic additives are effective in preventing certain types of insect damage.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcIntyre, Thomas. 1961. Effect of dieldrin in the glue line of oak plywood panels in preventing Lyctus beetle damage. Forest Research Note NE-118. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-4
- How to identify and manage oak wilt in Texas
- Goldspotted oak borer in California: Invasion history, biology, impact, management, and implications for Mediterranean forests worldwide
- Sanitation options for managing oak wood infested with the invasive goldspotted oak borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in Southern California
XML: View XML