Skip to Main Content
High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of dansyl-polyaminesAuthor(s): Subhash C. Minocha; Rakesh Minocha; Cheryl A. Robie
Source: Journal of Chromatography. 511: 177-183.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (422.13 KB)
DescriptionThis paper describes a fast reliable, and a sensitive technique for the separation and quantification of dansylated polyamines by high-performance liquid chromatography. Using a small 33 x 4.6 mm I.D., 3 ?m particle size, C18 reversed-phase cartridge column and a linear gradient of acetonitrile-heptanesulfonate (10 mM, pH 3.4), at a flow-rate of 2.5 ml/min, the retention time for different polyamines was: N8-acetyl-spermidine, 1.79 min; N1-acetylspermidine, 1.82 min; putrescine, 2.26 min; cadaverine, 2.43 min; heptanediamine, 2.83 min; spermidine, 3.42 min; and spermine, 4.41 min. With an additional column regeneration time of 3-4 min, the complete cycle per sample took less than 8 min at room temperature. Using a fluorescence detector, the lower limit of detection was less than 1 pmol per 6 ?l injection volume. The fluorescence response was linear up to 200 pmol per 6 ?1 for each polyamine. The method is suitable for separation of polyamines from animal, plant and fungal sources.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMinocha, Subhash C.; Minocha, Rakesh; Robie, Cheryl A. 1990. High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of dansyl-polyamines. Journal of Chromatography. 511: 177-183.
- Polyamines and their biosynthetic enzymes during somatic embryo development in red spruce (Picea rubens Sarg.)
- Heat sterilization times of five hardwood species
- Thermal reactions of small loblolly pine cubes heated on one face in an air atmosphere
XML: View XML