Skip to Main Content
Silviculture: From the Cradle of Forestry to Ecosystem ManagementAuthor(s): Louise H. Foley
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-88. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 258 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (4.66 KB)
DescriptionThe National Silviculture Workshop, hosted by the National Forests in North Carolina, the Southern Region (Region 8), and the Southeastern Forest Experiment Station, was held November 1993 at the Kanuga Conference Center, Hendersonville , NC. The purpose of this workshop was to review , discuss, and share silvicultural research inform ation and management experience critical for implementing ecosystem management on National Forest System lands and other Federal and private forest lands . The authors represented across section of the forestry community and addressed the importance and role of silviculture in ecosystem manage ment from the view points of research , education, and land management. Some of the speakers were unable to prepare papers for this proceedings .
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFoley, Louise H. 1994. Silviculture: From the Cradle of Forestry to Ecosystem Management. Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-88. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 258 p.
- Forest health through silviculture: Proceedings of the 1995 National Silviculture Workshop
- Beyond 2001: a silvicultural odyssey to sustaining terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems? Proceedings of the 2001 national silviculture workshop, May 6-10, Hood River, Oregon.
- Uneven-aged silviculture and management in the eastern United States: Proceedings of an In-Service Workshop; Morgantown, West Virginia; July 15-17, 1975
XML: View XML