Skip to Main Content
Sapflow of hybrid poplar (Populus nigra L. x P. maximowiczii A. Henry 'NM6') during phytoremediation of landfill leachateAuthor(s): Ronald S., Jr. Zalesny; Adam H. Wiese; Edmund O. Bauer; Don E. Riemenschneider
Source: Biomass and Bioenergy. 30: 784-793.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (228.38 KB)
DescriptionPoplars are ideal for phytoremediation because of their high water usage, fast growth, and deep root systems. We measured in 2002 and 2003 the sapflow of hybrid poplars (Populus nigra L. x P. maximowiczii A. Henry 'NM6') planted in 1999 for phytoremediation of a landfill in Rhinelander, WI, USA (45.6?N, 89.4?W).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZalesny, Ronald S., Jr.; Wiese, Adam H.; Bauer, Edmund O.; Riemenschneider, Don E. 2006. Sapflow of hybrid poplar (Populus nigra L. x P. maximowiczii A. Henry ''NM6'') during phytoremediation of landfill leachate. Biomass and Bioenergy. 30: 784-793.
Keywordsshort-rotation woody crops, transpiration, water-use, Granier method, thermal dissipation method, sapwood, phreatophytes
- The genome of black cottonwood, Populus trichocarpa (Torr. & Gray)
- Cytogenetic Analysis of Populus trichocarpa - Ribosomal DNA, Telomere Repeat Sequence, and Marker-selected BACs
- Growth under field conditions affects lignin content and productivity in transgenic Populus trichocarpa with altered lignin biosynthesis
XML: View XML