Skip to Main Content
Phytoaccumulation of sodium and chloride into leaf, woody, and root tissue of Populus irrigated with landfill leachateAuthor(s): Jill A. Zalesny; Ronald S., Jr. Zalesny; Adam H. Wiese; Bart T. Sexton; Richard B. Hall
Source: In: Fourth international phytotechnology conference; 2007 September 24-26; Denver, CO. [Place of publication unknown]:[Publisher unknown]: 39.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.16 MB)
DescriptionInformation is limited about the response of Populus to elevated levels of sodium (Na+) and chloride (Cl-). We irrigated eight Populus clones (NC13460, NC14018, NC14104, NC14106, DM115, DN5, NM2, NM6) with fertilized well water (control) (N, P, K) or municipal solid waste landfill leachate weekly during 2005 and 2006 in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, USA.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZalesny, Jill A.; Zalesny, Ronald S., Jr.; Wiese, Adam H.; Sexton, Bart T.; Hall, Richard B. 2007. Phytoaccumulation of sodium and chloride into leaf, woody, and root tissue of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate. In: Fourth international phytotechnology conference; 2007 September 24-26; Denver, CO. [Place of publication unknown]:[Publisher unknown]: 39.
Keywordshybrid poplar, osmotic effects, Populus deltoides, P. nigra, P. maximowiczii, P. trichocarpa, salts, waste management
- Effects of Clone, Silvicultural, and Miticide Treatments on Cottonwood Leafcurl Mite (Acari: Eriophyidae) Damage in Plantation Populus
- Macro- and micro-nutrient concentration in leaf, woody, and root tissue of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
- Use of belowground growing degree days to predict rooting of dormant hardwood cuttings of Populus
XML: View XML