Skip to Main Content
Leaf, woody, and root biomass of Populus irrigated with landfill leachateAuthor(s): Jill A. Zalesny; Ronald S., Jr. Zalesny; D.R. Coyle; R.B. Hall
Source: In: Annual meeting of the poplar council of Canada: Poplar culture: a collaborative effort from clone to mill; 2007 September 16-21; Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. [Place of publication unknown]:[Publisher unknown]: 69.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (241.5 KB)
DescriptionPoplar (Populus spp.) trees can be utilized for ecological leachate disposal when applied as an irrigation source for managed tree systems. Our objective was to evaluate differences in tree height, diameter, volume, and biomass of leaf, stem, branch, and root tissues of Populus trees after two seasons of irrigation with municipal solid waste landfill leachate or well water (control with added N, P, K).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZalesny, Jill A.; Zalesny, Ronald S., Jr.; Coyle, D.R.; Hall, R.B. 2007. Leaf, woody, and root biomass of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate. In: Annual meeting of the poplar council of Canada: Poplar culture: a collaborative effort from clone to mill; 2007 September 16-21; Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. [Place of publication unknown]:[Publisher unknown]: 69.
- Clonal variation in lateral and basal rooting of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
- Growth and biomass of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
- Phytoaccumulation of sodium and chloride into leaf, woody, and root tissue of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
XML: View XML