Skip to Main Content
GRASP - A Prototype Interactive Graphic Sawing Program - (Forest Products Journal)Author(s): Luis G. Occeña; Daniel L. Schmoldt
Source: Forest Products Journal. 46(11/12): 40-42.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (271 KB)
DescriptionA versatile microcomputer-based interactive graphics sawing program has been developed as a tool for modeling various hardwood processes, from bucking and topping to log sawing, lumber edging, secondary processing, and even veneering. The microcomputer platform makes the tool affordable and accessible. A solid modeling basis provides the tool with a sound geometrical and topological foundation. Owing to the simulation's flexibility, it can be used in a variety of wood-processing operations. Within any operation, it can be used to analyze processing alternatives, or to aid in the training of personnel.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOcceña, Luis G.; Schmoldt, Daniel L. 1996. GRASP - A Prototype Interactive Graphic Sawing Program - (Forest Products Journal). Forest Products Journal. 46(11/12): 40-42.
- GRASP - A Prototype Interactive Graphic Sawing Program - (MU-IE Technical Report)
- CORY: A Computer Program for Determining Dimension Stock Yields
- The microcomputer scientific software series 6: ECOPHYS user's manual.
XML: View XML