Skip to Main Content
Bibliography of the Northeastern and Allegheny Forest Experiment Stations 1923-1949Author(s): V. L. Harper
Source: Station Paper NE-33. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 208 p.
Publication Series: Science Perspectives (SP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (11.15 MB)
DescriptionThis bibliography lists the contributions to forest-research literature of the Federal forest experiment stations that have served the Northeast during the period 1923-49. At one time two such stations served the region: the Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, established in 1923 at Amherst, Mass., later moved to New Haven, Conn., and the Allegheny Forest Experiment Station, established in 1927 at Philadelphia. In 1942 early in the war, these two stations were combined, with headquarters in Philadelphia and in 1945 the combined station was renamed Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. Now, with headquarters at Upper Darby, Pa., the Northeastern Station serves a region that includes 12 states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and West Virginia.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHarper, V. L. 1950. Bibliography of the Northeastern and Allegheny Forest Experiment Stations 1923-1949. Station Paper NE-33. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 208 p.
- Frontiers of Forestry Research - Priest River Experimental Forest, 1911-1976
- Kane Experimental Forest
- History of Forest Service Research in the Central and Southern Rocky Mountain Regions, 1908-1975
XML: View XML