Skip to Main Content
A summary of the Illinois flora based on the Illinois plant information networkAuthor(s): Louis R. Iverson; Anantha M. Prasad; David M. Ketzner
Source: Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. 90(1,2): 41-64.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (835.02 KB)
DescriptionThe Illinois Plant Information Network (ILPIN), a species-based database on the flora of Illinois, is useful for assessing botanical diversity in Illinois and surrounding states. All known vascular plant taxa from Illinois (more than 3,200) are included. It contains county distributions (totaling nearly 90,000) for each taxon and information on the taxonomy, ecology, biology, and ecodistribution of each. Summary maps and tables on Illinois flora are generated easily, that include the number of taxa by county or subsets such as number of threatened and endangered species, number of exotics, number of native, forest-associated species, and other data. The database also provides information on regional ecological factors associated with the flora, via geographic information system (GIS) overlay analysis and statistics.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIverson, Louis R.; Prasad, Anantha M.; Ketzner, David M. 1997. A summary of the Illinois flora based on the Illinois plant information network. Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. 90(1,2): 41-64.
Keywordsvascular plants, distribution, taxonomy, Illinois, biodiversity
- Forest cover of Champaign County, Illinois in 1993
- Urban and community forests of the North Central East region: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Illinois' Forests 2010
XML: View XML