Skip to Main Content
Investigators share improved understanding of the North American carbon cycleAuthor(s): Richard A. Birdsey; Robert Cook; Scott Denning; Peter Griffith; Beverly Law; Jeffrey Masek; Anna Michalak; Stephen Ogle; Dennis Ojima; Yude Pan; Christopher Sabine; Edwin Sheffner; Eric Sundquist
Source: American Geophysical Union. 88(24): 255.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (784.52 KB)
DescriptionThe U.S. North American Carbon Program (NACP) sponsored an "all-scientist" meeting to review progress in understanding the dynamics of the carbon cycle of North American and adjacent oceans, and to chart a course for improved integration across scientifi c disciplines, scales, and Earth system boundaries. The meeting participants also addressed the need for better decision support tools for managing the carbon cycle of North America, so that strong science can inform policy as interest in taking action increases across the nation.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBirdsey, Richard A.; Cook, Robert; Denning, Scott; Griffith, Peter; Law, Beverly; Masek, Jeffrey; Michalak, Anna; Ogle, Stephen; Ojima, Dennis; Pan, Yude; Sabine, Christopher; Sheffner, Edwin; Sundquist, Eric. 2007. Investigators share improved understanding of the North American carbon cycle. American Geophysical Union. 88(24): 255.
- Defining a landscape-scale monitoring tier for the North American Carbon Program. Chapter 1
- Mexican forest inventory expands continental carbon monitoring
- Cradle to Gate Life Cycle Assessment of North American Cellulosic Fiberboard Production
XML: View XML